Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yahtzee

You've probably seen Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's reviews of popular video games. In fact, I've linked to them before. His talent and success gives me trouble: it's tough to give a review that says exactly what someone else said earlier and not feel like an idiot.

Anyway, did you know that Yahtzee has a website? Particularly, the games that he has made, basically on his own, are quite good. If you enjoy witty games in the King's Quest style, this is the man for you.

I used to think that video games had moved beyond the realm of being created by a single human being. After all, a "modern" game takes a life-time of man-hours just for the graphics and special effects. Yahtzee has made me realize that this isn't necessarily the case. An intelligent, creative person can make a good game, even though he can't necessarily make good graphics compared to a modern game.

Anyway, I've forgotten where I'm going with all this.

No comments: