Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sniper Up Next For TF2: Predictions

The Sniper update is next for TF2. This doesn't adhere precisely to my rule that the least played class gets updated. Sniper is only the second least played class, after the spy, according to the TF2 stats page.*

Anyway, the thing that I'm interested are the other aspects of the update they're hinting at.

"It's actually shaping up to be the largest TF2 update yet, with multiple new maps and a bunch of gameplay tweaks. In addition, we've got another update in the works that should be done before the Sniper, and that one will include some new content for all classes."
I'm assuming that the "new maps" include the dual-cart mode, which seems like it would be a lot of fun. I'm hoping the "gameplay tweaks" means "demo nerf", since I hate demomen. My crazy prediction for the "new content for all classes" is female character models/voices. Otherwise, they wouldn't necesarily have new content for all classes.

I have no predictions for the weapons; I'm so bad at aiming, it doesn't matter what the alternate rifle is.
*The stats page is on the fritz for the moment**, so that may not be true.
**I assume that the stats are messed up, since it's reporting that the sniper's SMG is the third largest damage generator of the game.

No comments: