Tuesday, April 28, 2009

DS9 Series Finale

I've been plowing through DS9 for the past few months, and I've finally finished it today. To put it simply, DS9 is fantastic. I have my complaints, but they're trivial. Doubters may say the finale was bad, but they are demonstrably wrong, since the ending was awesome.

All this Star Trek has definitely got me in the mood for the movie, good or bad. I've heard it's essentially a generic Science Fiction movie with the Enterprise cast thrown in, and what I've seen of the trailer seems to confirm that. My real concern is Kirk, who seems to be trying to project this "bad-ass" persona and failing. I never would have thought that someone would be a more self-righteous and grating captain that Shatner*, but it seems that someone has picked up that ball and ran with it.

*Shatner, you're great, but your character seems rather self-obsessed. I'd still place you as the second best Star Trek captain, after Picard.

No comments: