Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No More Politics

I know no one cares about my political stuff, especially since I generally just agree with Paul Krugman, so I'll take a break from that sort of thing, after I've said this one last thing.

Ralph Nader liked to say  that people should spend as much time and effort judging political figures as they do thinking of sports teams. Apply the same process, ignore the rhetoric, look at the numbers, and do some real research. I think we can all agree this is an extremely low bar, but we don't live up to it.

Most political debates are completely tangential to the important things, and the basic premises of those arguments are usually incorrect or disingenuous. This only works because people spend less time analyzing politics than they do their local sports team.

Maybe Americans don't deserve America, even in the state it's in.

No comments: