Saturday, April 07, 2007

My Friends Hate Me

Not too long ago, my hometown game store shut down suddenly. Now, there's an empty husk where it once was. I didn't really go there very often, so I wasn't too broken up about it. I have a different problem: there's something in my brain that thinks running a game store is a great idea.

"Go ahead," says the voice, "getting a loan, leasing the land, buying the product and hiring people will be nightmarish, and you'll probably fail like the company that occupied the exact same place." The problem is, whenever I think about it, despite the endless risks and negligible benefits, it still seems like a good idea. I keep coming back to it.

The worst problem is my friends. Whenever I mention it, they encourage me to "live my dreams", or whatever other nonsense they saw in a commercial. They don't seem to care that this madness could end with me living in an alley, endlessly recounting the days I ran a business for a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you set up the store with feng shui it'll work.
B-Berg